- Eat breakfast – Eating breakfast kick starts the body and makes it easier to maintain lasting energy throughout the day.
- Choose healthy snacks – Keep cupboards stocked with healthy snacks such as fruits, unsalted nuts and unsweetened yoghurt.
- Drink water – Make water the drink of choice at meal times and keep juice and sweet drinks as occasional treats.
- Eat together – Encourage your child to eat regular meals at the table with you rather than having dinner in front of the TV
- Be creative – Offer your child colourful snacks of different fruits or chop vegetables into interesting shapes to make them seem more fun.
It is not always easy to encourage your child to eat a healthy balanced diet but we hope these tips will help out.