Holidays are a good time to strengthen our connections and renew relationships. So turn off cell phones and computers and take time to focus on your family. Here are a few ideas you can try to spend time with your family.
- Family game night. Spend at least one night with the TV off and the family huddled together to play a favorite game.
- Go for a walk or play outdoors together. It will give the entire family some fresh air, exercise and great fun.
- Movie night. Pop some popcorn and kick back for some family fun with a nice family movie.
- Cook together. Parents and kids can bake and prepare food together. Even the youngest child can wash vegetables or set the table.
- Spend some one-on-one time with your child. Spending time alone provides time to bond with the child and helps him/her gain a sense of belonging and feeling of importance.
One of the greatest gifts of the holidays is the gift of time with family. Spend time together to strengthen relationships and to make wonderful family memories. Strong families spend time with each other – quality time in large quantities. So begin during the holidays and continue making time for each other throughout the year.